I’ll admit it – I’m a bit behind the eight ball when it comes to the new social media phenomena, Pinterest. I figured it was about time I educated myself, and since I have a feeling I’m not the only one who may not have taken the time to learn, I would share some nuggets of information I have come across.
First and foremost, check out this video as it gives some great demographics and statistics on the who’s who when it comes to those on Pinterest and why you should be on there. If you do decide to use Pinterest in your marketing strategy, here are a few nuggets to keep in mind:
- Connect your Pinterest to your Twitter and Facebook accounts – it’s quick and easy to do from your settings page.
- Do Follow Links are built in, which means it is helping with your SEO! Search engines are following your links back to your website, helping you with higher search results.
- Use keywords and hashtags as a way to optimize the pin and be easily searchable.
- Don’t forget to link back to your own site. Add your company website link or other social media links within your pins, so people can find out more about you and your business.
- Best times to pin: 2-4pm (good); 8pm-1am (better); Saturday AM (best)
Of course, it’s a social media platform, so don’t forget to be social – comment, like and pin away!.